This delightful ‘Home from Home’ is just one mile from Culdaff’s spectacular Blue Flag beach, and site within the confines of Culdaff village, with views out to the river estuary and sand dunes beyond. The cottage has five bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, a lovely comfortable living space with double doors leading on to a large open plan kitchen and dining area. From there, patio doors lead onto a lovely private garden with an outdoor seating/dining area with barbeque provided.
Use calendar to check availability and then contact the owner to book
Calendar last updated: 28 June 2023 5:09 PM
Or catch Amazing Grace set sail on her daily dolphin watching excursions. Culdaff is charming. Make sure to pop into the local pubs for a bit of craic. McGuinness’ Bar and The Culdaff Arms offer live music throughout summer. McGrorys, established in 1924, is a family run pub/restaurant, serving great food, and hosts traditional Irish music sessions a couple of times a week in summer, or catch a live band in the Backroom. Look out for Jenny’s Pop Up bakery during summer, the cupcakes are ‘yummy’!
Bedroom 1: Master King bedroom, en-suite bathroom, first floor (sleeps 2)
Bedroom 2: Double bedroom, first floor (sleeps 2)
Bedroom 3: Double bedroom, first floor (sleeps 2)
Bedroom 4: Single bunk bedroom, first floor (sleeps 2)
Bedroom 5: King-size double, ground floor, wheelchair accessible (sleeps 2)
A professionally fitted, modern and spacious open plan kitchen/dining area is provided. Appliances include a gas hob, electric oven, integrated fridge-freezer, dishwasher, electric kettle, toaster, coffee grinder, coffee machine and electric whisk.
From the dining area patio doors lead onto the patio seating area, whilst double glass doors lead into the lounge area. This creates a beautiful open plan concept providing plenty of space for all the family to enjoy.
- 5 bedrooms to sleep 10 (max 8 adults), plus 2 babies/toddlers
- Bedroom 1, King bedroom, ground floor
- Bedroom 2, Master King bedroom with en suite, first floor
- Bedroom 3, Double bedroom, first floor
- Bedroom 4, Double bedroom, first floor
- Bedroom 5, King-size double
- Bathroom 1, WC and basin, ground floor
- Bathroom 2, Bath, Separate shower, WC and basin, first floor
- Bathroom 3, Shower, WC and basin en suite, first floor
- Lounge with open fireplace, double doors to open plan kitchen/dining area
- Internet access, games and books provided
- SMART TV (Freeview & RTE options), DVD & CD players provided (dvd/cd library provided)
- Open plan spacious kitchen/dining area, seats 10 plus 2 high chairs
- Fully fitted kitchen, gas hob, electric oven, large fridge/freezer, dishwasher
- Kitchen features electric kettle, gas hob kettle, toaster, coffee grinder, coffee machine, juicer, electric whisk
- Utility room, washing machine, outside clothes line, iron and ironing board, 2nd fridge, microwave oven
- Oil fired central heating and electricity included
- Stair gates, 2 x high chairs available upon request
- Cot/fold-out beds for 2 additional children available upon request,, fee applies
- Solid oak wooden floors throughout, porcelain tiles kitchen/dining/utility
- Front entrance and ground floor wheel chair accessible
- Large back garden looking out to river estuary & sand dunes, patio, large round picnic table, BBQ
- Front garden with two seating areas
- 5 minute walk to village, shop, cafe, pop up bakery, pubs and McGrorys restaurant
- 1 mile walk to Culdaff’s Blue Flag beach
- 15 minute drive to Ballyliffin Golf Club
- Under 5 minute drive to Bunagee Pier for dolphin watching and fishing trips
- Parking for 3 cars
- Quiet and peaceful location
- Ideal touring base of Inishowen and Donegal’s Wild Atlantic Way
The adjoining utility area provides a washing machine, iron and ironing board, outside wash-line, a second fridge and microwave oven.
The spacious lounge features comfortable modern seating and a traditional fireplace which adds a warm cosy atmosphere. Double glass doors lead on to the kitchen/dining area, giving the benefit of an open plan concept when desired, or the doors can be shut to give a cosy atmosphere on a winters evening by the fire. Natural light floods into this area from both the front and back of the house.
Location of Bunagee Cottage