Cul an Chnoic, Murvagh, Donegal Town was built in 1999 and is fully equipped for a very comfortable and enjoyable holiday. Situated on the side of a hill in a remote and beautiful area the house enjoys spectacular views over Murvagh Beach and Donegal Bay towards Mount Charles in the distance. The wildflower garden is complemented by comfortable patio areas with garden furniture and a barbeque.
The house is ideally situated to enjoy the best of County Donegal. Only minutes from Donegal Town, with pleasant shops and plenty of cafes and restaurants plus you can take a trip on the waterbus around the outlying islands and watch for seals. Or head south to Ballyshannon (home of Donegal China), with its Waterworld leisure centre, or perhaps stop off at Rossnowlagh or Bundoran beaches. Within a half hour’s drive you also have the wonderful ‘Yeats Country’ in Sligo and the majestic Fermanagh Lakelands.
Big spacious rooms, stunning views, wonderful owners, enjoy!
Excellent! Can’t recommend this house and location strongly enough. Located around 3-hours drive from both Belfast and Dublin, the house overlooks a bay and long beach (usually deserted), Donegal Town with it’s castle, shops and eateries (Sabai Thai v.good) is about 20 minutes away and stunning coastal and mountain routes are all around. Big spacious rooms, stunning views, wonderful owners, enjoy!
Wake up to such beautiful views every morning
We have had a wonderful week here in Murvagh. This house has everything we could have possibly needed. To wake up to such beautiful views every morning was such a change for us city dwellers. The children all want to come back again next year. Thank you.
What a beautiful home to spend a wonderful holiday!
What a beautiful home to spend a wonderful holiday! We all had a great – restful – time here. We especially loved the views, every night and every morning. And having a piano to play was an added treat. Thanks!
Home is one of the best we have ever stayed in
Wonderful week, your home is one of the best we have ever stayed in, the view, the beach, the sunsets, what more can we say!
Bedroom 1: super king-size ensuite with sea views (sleeps 2)
Bedroom 2: twin bedroom adjacent to bathroom (sleeps 2)
Bedroom 3: king-size + single (sleeps 3)
Bedroom 4: double + single (sleeps 3)
- 3 level house with panoramic sea and mountain views
- 4 bedrooms to sleep 10 (1 ensuite)
- bathroom with bath and separate shower - main level
- shower room on the first floor
- spacious living room with views over Murvagh Beach
- living room has wood burning stove
- tv and dvd player, selection of dvds, books and puzzles
- fully fitted modern kitchen
- electric oven and gas hob, microwave
- fridge freezer, dishwasher
- elevated dining area with tiled floor
- pine dining table, with chairs and stools
- patio doors leading to patio area, with garden furniture and charcoal barbeque
- separate utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- enclosed garden and multi level patio area with sea views
- wildflower garden
- 1km from Donegal Golf Club Murvagh
- 9km from Donegal Town
- 9km to Rossnowlagh
- ideal base for touring South Donegal, Sligo and the Fermanagh Lakelands
Location of Cul an Chnoic - Donegal Town