The Oyster House is a beautifully restored holiday home that provides a truly relaxing escape along Donegal’s Wild Atlantic Way. Its tranquil coastal setting means the visitor can indulge their love of a life overlooking the waves, where bracing sea air meets the rugged coastline of the Rosses.
Use calendar to check availability and then contact the owner to book
Calendar last updated: 7 March 2023 1:45 PM
We have say your taste of décor in the house is superb
We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the oyster house. The house has everything you need to make your stay relaxing and enjoyable. The morning view over breakfast is fantastic and relaxing evening’s watching the sunset is spectacular! We have say your taste of décor in the house is superb and to a very high standard. We are already looking at booking next year again!
A joy to be in
Oyster House is a lovely cottage that has been tastefully modernised with high-quality finish throughout. The cottage is warm, clean and very comfortable. A joy to be in. The location is peaceful with stunning views. Easy access to the coast, walks with plenty to see and do in the local area. We would happily recommend and we plan to return.
The views from the house, are breathtaking
We are a family of 8 (2 adults/6 children), from Scotland, and we had a fantastic holiday in The Oyster Cottage, this was our first trip to Ireland, and we will definitely be back. The house is in a beautiful location, and we were welcomed by the very friendly, Sharon, who showed us around the cottage and had homemade scones all ready for our arrival. The views from the house, are breathtaking. Thank you for such an amazing experience.
The beds were very comfortable, the decor lovely and everything worked perfectly
We stayed for a week in the Oyster House in July 2020. The house has the most idyllic location – right beside the sea on Traighenna Bay with beautiful views across the bay. It is exceptionally well fitted out for a holiday cottage with everything you would need – and more.
The beds were very comfortable, the decor lovely and everything worked perfectly. It was a great base for exploring the beauty of Donegal. Sandra, who met us on arrival, was lovely and even greeted us with homemade scones and treats for our two dogs which was a nice extra touch.
She was great for advice on places to see and things to do. We would definitely recommend this property, especially to anyone travelling with dogs. I dont know who was more sorry to leave – us or the dogs.
Bedroom 1: Twin with sea views (sleeps 2)
Bedroom 2: two double beds (sleeps 4)
Bedroom 3: king-size double (sleeps 2)
- 3 bedrooms to sleep up to 8 people
- large shower room
- spacious open plan ground floor with lovely coastal views
- wooden floors throughout
- beautifully crafted kitchen with white fitted units
- electric cooker and ceramic hobs
- washing machine
- Belfast sink
- sink window enjoys sea views
- colourful kitchen dresser
- stylish dining table and 8 elegant chairs
- wood burning stove adjacent dining area
- glass patio doors to decking area
- the living area has a wood-burning stove
- tastefully furnished and decorated
- tv and dvd player
- decking area enjoys panoramic coastal views
- decking has roof cover, in-built lighting and an outdoor power supply
- decking is furnished for dining and relaxing
- paved patio area on land side ot the house
- patio area enclosed with stone wall
- small lawns to front and back
- ample parking
- outside clothes line
- 300 metres to the waters edge
- 7km to Dungloe
- 7km to Lettermacaward
- 10km to Dooey Strand
- 10km to Maghery Beach
- pets welcome with prior agreement
Location of The Oyster House
From The Same Owner